To get most of the benefits derived from honey. Always check the purity of honey you just bought. There are some simple tests and experiments that can be performed at home, to verify if the honey is pure.
The Water Test
- Fill a glass with water
- Add one tablespoon of honey into the glass
- Adulterated or artificial honey will dissolve in water and you will see it around the glass
- Pure honey on the other hand will settle right at the bottom of your glass
The Flame Test
- Dip the cotton wick of a candle to a bit of honey. Shake of the excess. And light the wick with a lighter.
- Pure honey the wick burns.
- Adulterated or artificial honey The water content in the honey prevents it from burning. Crackling sound can be heard.
Honey from Orgánico Batangas Honeybee Farm is one of the purist we have tested so far.